Within 48 hours after a fire damage, the difference between restoring and replacing your property and belongs largely relies upon who you call upon for help after the local Fire Department has done their job. SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We provide a timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, soot and even help with the drying of your home from the water used by Firemen to put out the flames. Our services also can include removal of unwanted smells and issues from contents and documents such as clothing, furniture, pictures, children’s toys, kitchen ware and a variety of other household items.
To stay informed, here are a few helpful tips of what to do until SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point arrives after your home or place of business has been set aflame:
- Limit the amount of movement of items and within the affected area to help prevent soot particles from spreading any additional damage.
- Place clean towels or linens on areas of high traffic. These can go on rugs, furniture, upholstery, etc.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil if you have either on hand. It will help to decrease the rusty look that metals can get from smoke and soot damage.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet so to help prevent any water damage crawling up your home’s household items.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces, this is the same for any shampooing of carpets or upholstery. Each and every fiber reacts differently and we are trained to handle them all.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment. Let a professional handle these items.
- Don’t send clothing to a dry cleaner since not all dry cleaners are trained in smoke odor removal.
SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point is very familiar with the overwhelming of emotions that come with having a fire damage emergency. Fear, uncertainty, stress, doubt and even anger all come from not knowing what steps to take next in the event of such an emergency. With over 10 years in the business, let SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point help relieve a lot of these emotions and help walk you through each step toward total restoration of your home or office.
Call us today or any time for help at (949)-831-6201 or contact us here.