Visit http://www.servprolagunabeachdanapoint.com/mold-removal-remediation for immediate Mold or Mould Remediation Removal or Cleanup in Laguna Beach Orange County
Mold, spelled “mould” in the UK, is a fungus that grows in multicellular filaments. It generally appears as a whitish or greenish, fuzzy covering on fruit or food and as a black, fuzzy patch on wet areas of wood or drywall. Mold has a “dusty” texture due to the spores it creates to propagate. While the mold itself may not be harmful, the spores can be breathed in through the mouth or nose and may contain potential toxins that can harm the body. Further, the mold itself is very damaging to property.
It is incredibly important to take mold removal into account when a home has been subjected to flooding or water damage. SERVPRO of Laguna Beach and Dana Point can send experts in mold remediation for Orange County homes to your residence 24 hours a day to help you battle this serious problem. When it comes to mold removal in Orange County, SERVPRO of Laguna Beach and Dana Point has the experience and professional skill to help you restore your home to a safe condition.
How Do I Know If I Have A Mold Problem?
The insidious thing about mold infestation is that it can occur without the homeowner being aware that anything is wrong. A home can have a serious mold problem that no one realizes until someone gets sick. Mold exposure can cause serious illnesses that seem to come from nowhere and may not be treated properly if no one realizes there is mold in the home.
Here are a few signs that may help you realize you have a mold problem:
- Your home has been damaged by water. If you have experienced a flood, a burst hot water heater, a serious leak or other problem related to water, the chances are there is mold somewhere in your home. Mold usually develops within 48 hours of a flood event, so you have a very short window of opportunity to prevent it. After 48 hours, it is almost certain that mold has begun to develop and treatment should begin with that in mind.
- The walls or ceilings are discolored. If you notice any discolored patches on your walls or ceilings, it is likely that moisture is present and, with it, the possibility of a mold infestation. You should also be aware that mold may be present in spots other than the visibly discolored areas. In fact, it is almost certain that the visible discoloration only hints at the severity of a mold problem.
- There is a musty odor or a foul stench in the home. If you continually smell a musty or mildew-y smell, it is likely and indication that there is mold growing somewhere. However, be aware that some mold infestations will not be in the path of airflow to carry the smell to you, so do not rely wholly on your sense of smell to determine if you have a mold problem.
If your floor and wall board or ceilings are involved in a mold infestation, you may need to replace them. Drywall cannot be salvaged after mold has taken hold, so you must remove it and replace it with fresh drywall. This should be done to a minimum of 12 inches over the highest point of the flood waters. However, it is possible to save carpets, padding, upholstery, curtains, wood and other substances with the right treatment.
SERVPRO Laguna Beach and Dana Point can help you determine the extent of your mold infestation and form a plan for dealing with it to protect yourself and your family.
What Are The Symptoms of Mold Exposure?
While mold exposure may not cause any symptoms at all in some people, other people suffer terribly from attacks of asthma and allergies when they are exposed to mold. Some people, particularly those whose immune systems have been compromised, are incredibly sensitive to mold and may develop serious or even life-threatening infections if exposed to this substance. Black mold, or Stachybotrys, has been linked with some serious health risks in sensitive individuals. Even in individuals who are not particularly sensitive, the toxins in mold that are released by the spores can cause allergic reactions.
The most common symptoms of mold exposure are allergy-type symptoms such as runny nose, itchy or watery eyes and skin outbreaks. However, mold exposure can also cause more serious asthmatic reactions in those who are particularly sensitive. An asthma attack can be deadly if proper treatment is not administered immediately.
If you are in a home where there is a potential mold problem and you experience any of the following symptoms, leave immediately and visit a doctor or hospital for treatment:
- Inability to breathe normally
- Sudden onset of itchy, watery eyes
- Sudden onset of coughing, sneezing and other respiratory distress
- Sudden onset of itchy skin or rash
How Can I Get Mold Out of My Orange County Home?
Mold removal is highly recommended when an Orange County homeowner is facing water damage and mold cleanup. Orange County mold removal should always be performed by a professional; under no circumstances should homeowners attempt to repair water damage and mould removal alone.
Mold removal can be dangerous in several respects. First, mold removal can expose workers to dangerous molds and toxins. However, that is not the only problem. Removing mold in the wrong way can release millions of spores into the air, affecting those inside the home who are not engaged in cleanup. Finally, mold removal can spread the mold problem. These spores can travel and settle almost anywhere, causing new mold infestations in unlikely places.
Not only should mold removal be done by a professional because it is safer, but professionals also have the right equipment to make mold removal simple and effective. SERVPRO Laguna Beach and Dana Point can offer Orange County homeowners professional and safe mold removal. Contact us today to find out how we can help.