It is all too often that SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point is called to a biohazard cleanup site. Most of the time the clean up with be sewage related water from toilets or a sewer back up, some sort of drug related clean up from a drug bust, Animal infestation, hoarding or chemical spills. Every so often SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point is called to a job site that comes with a very particular background: Death.
Recently we were called to a job site where a young man was found dead in his home. We were not sure just what steps the family wanted to take, but we were informed that they wanted the affected area cleaned up immediately. We were hired on the spot for both sanitation and repairs and were able to get the job done from start to finish within a week. We pulled flooring where it was affected, sanitized it, and replaced all flooring and boarding that needed to be replaced. We returned the key of the deceased back to his next of kin and thought nothing else of it. We have done many jobs similar to this and have completed each one as swiftly and professionally as we can in order to accommodate the family and friends of those left behind by the deceased.
Yesterday we received a thank you call from the father of the deceased. He was impressed and thankful that we were able to take this stress off his shoulders while he and his wife were in the midst of the grieving process. It isn’t often that SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point is called to jobs like this, but we were happy to help this family in their time of need. If you find yourself in a similar situation, please consider us to help your family by giving us a call at 949-831-6201 or visit our website here.
At the start of every year SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point lays in front of us a list of community services we would like to be involved in, either as sponsors, volunteers or organizers. With the year half over we have to go back and see our list and start checking some off. So far, we are happy to report that we have quite a few checked off our list:
- Race on the Base 2016 in Los Alamitos proved to be both exciting and helpful. Some of our employees were challenge to run in a 10K (6.2 miles) to help benefit the Wounded Warrior & Rock for Vets Charity projects through the Los Alamitos Air Force Base.
- OC Trail Runin Irvine pushed out employees even further to help raise awareness and funds to support the Irvine Ranch Conservancy. Running a total of 7.1 miles through the trails of the Irvine wild life really helped our SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point employees connect with Mother Nature.
- Continuing with the theme to pushing the limits, a few of our employees ran in the Southern California Terrain Race in Lake Elsinore. It was a 5K (3.1 miles), but it included over 15 obstacles such as rope climbing, wall jumping and getting down in the dirty mud. This community services was purely driven to help promote healthy life styles for everyone in our communities.
- Finally coming back closer to home, SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point took part in the Los Angeles City of Anaheim Angels 5K and fun Run to help benefit the Angel fund. The Angel fund included involvement with the improvement of Education, Healthcare, Art & Sciences and community related involvement for the youth in the Anaheim area.
- After helping kids in Anaheim we went to Long Beach to do the Wrigley River Run 10K that helped raise funds for at risk youth in the Long Beach area through the Long Beach Neighborhood Foundation (LBNF).
- Finally we recently were able to zone in on helping a community of people that is really close. The Hemophilia Walk in Los Angeles was amazing and helped to raise funds and awareness for those with various levels of Hemophilia.
We have many more community involved runs, charities and events coming up through the next couple of months, so be sure to check in on our SERVPRO team and our events here. If you would like to get involved with us feel free to contact us at 949-831-6201 or online here. We would love to be more involved with our communities in and outside the Anaheim Area. To see a few snap shots of the fun we had in helping our communities, check out our pictures here.
Within 48 hours after a fire damage, the difference between restoring and replacing your property and belongs largely relies upon who you call upon for help after the local Fire Department has done their job. SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point can help prevent fire damage from creating long-term problems. We provide a timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, soot and even help with the drying of your home from the water used by Firemen to put out the flames. Our services also can include removal of unwanted smells and issues from contents and documents such as clothing, furniture, pictures, children’s toys, kitchen ware and a variety of other household items.
To stay informed, here are a few helpful tips of what to do until SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point arrives after your home or place of business has been set aflame:
- Limit the amount of movement of items and within the affected area to help prevent soot particles from spreading any additional damage.
- Place clean towels or linens on areas of high traffic. These can go on rugs, furniture, upholstery, etc.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil if you have either on hand. It will help to decrease the rusty look that metals can get from smoke and soot damage.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet so to help prevent any water damage crawling up your home’s household items.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces, this is the same for any shampooing of carpets or upholstery. Each and every fiber reacts differently and we are trained to handle them all.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment. Let a professional handle these items.
- Don’t send clothing to a dry cleaner since not all dry cleaners are trained in smoke odor removal.
SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point is very familiar with the overwhelming of emotions that come with having a fire damage emergency. Fear, uncertainty, stress, doubt and even anger all come from not knowing what steps to take next in the event of such an emergency. With over 10 years in the business, let SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point help relieve a lot of these emotions and help walk you through each step toward total restoration of your home or office.
Call us today or any time for help at (949)-831-6201 or contact us here.
Ventilation systems are often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality. It either is too clogged to get proper ventilation or it is pushing around things that can cause more harm than good throughout the office or home. If your HVAC has been operating for some time without attention, it could be circulating a number of things that cause employees to be at health risk, such as: dust, pollen, odors, dirt/debris and other contaminants.
SERVPRO of Laguna Beach / Dana Point can help with routinely inspect the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping them clean can extend the life of the equipment and the people who work or live in the building.
Whenever a cleaning isn’t required, we will make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. The benefits of servicing your HVAC unit include:
- Helps to restore peak energy efficiency.
- May help to eliminate offensive odors.
- Helps reduce the potential for mold growth.
For more information on HVAC and air duct cleaning, call us today, (949) 831-6201 or feel free to contact us here.
The Long Beach Neighborhood Foundation (LBNF) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization committed to organizing and sponsoring athletic events and programs in Long Beach that promote community involvement, education, tolerance, and a healthy non-violent lifestyle, particularly among the City’s at-risk youth. Some of our SERVPRO employees took part in this as a means to help raise awareness and growth. Great job everyone. Looking forward to next year already!
If you are interested in getting in touch with us for other community involved events, please feel free to reach out to us here or give us a call at 949-831-6201. Se habla Espanol.
This past weekend we had a few eager running employees take place in our community outreach event by participating in the Angels 5K & Fun Run. The sponsors of the run were St. Joseph Hoag Health, Melissa’s Produce, Aquafina & OCTA. A portion of the proceeds went to help the Angels Baseball Foundation. It focuses on initiatives aimed to create and improve Education, Healthcare, Arts & Sciences, and Community related youth programs throughout the region, in addition to providing children the opportunity to experience the great game of baseball and its countless positive attributes. we are SERVPRO were proud to be apart of such an event & look forward to next year.
When asked why we frequently partake in various community runs over the weekend, the answer was simple: WE WANT TO.
We want to be involved in our community, we want to be known around by everyone and anyone, but not just as your local SERVPRO who is ready to help at a moments notice for a disaster, but also as a company that acts more like a family than a franchise. We support one another and like being involved in what is going on in our community. Involvement increases trust and loyalty, and we do both with those we do business with, so whenever you see someone sporting one of our SERVPRO shirts at a local run, charity event, fundraiser or just out and about, give us a hello and talk with us. There’s more to our business than just water/fire/mold.