At the start of every year SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point lays in front of us a list of community services we would like to be involved in, either as sponsors, volunteers or organizers. With the year half over we have to go back and see our list and start checking some off. So far, we are happy to report that we have quite a few checked off our list:
- Race on the Base 2016 in Los Alamitos proved to be both exciting and helpful. Some of our employees were challenge to run in a 10K (6.2 miles) to help benefit the Wounded Warrior & Rock for Vets Charity projects through the Los Alamitos Air Force Base.
- OC Trail Runin Irvine pushed out employees even further to help raise awareness and funds to support the Irvine Ranch Conservancy. Running a total of 7.1 miles through the trails of the Irvine wild life really helped our SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point employees connect with Mother Nature.
- Continuing with the theme to pushing the limits, a few of our employees ran in the Southern California Terrain Race in Lake Elsinore. It was a 5K (3.1 miles), but it included over 15 obstacles such as rope climbing, wall jumping and getting down in the dirty mud. This community services was purely driven to help promote healthy life styles for everyone in our communities.
- Finally coming back closer to home, SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point took part in the Los Angeles City of Anaheim Angels 5K and fun Run to help benefit the Angel fund. The Angel fund included involvement with the improvement of Education, Healthcare, Art & Sciences and community related involvement for the youth in the Anaheim area.
- After helping kids in Anaheim we went to Long Beach to do the Wrigley River Run 10K that helped raise funds for at risk youth in the Long Beach area through the Long Beach Neighborhood Foundation (LBNF).
- Finally we recently were able to zone in on helping a community of people that is really close. The Hemophilia Walk in Los Angeles was amazing and helped to raise funds and awareness for those with various levels of Hemophilia.
We have many more community involved runs, charities and events coming up through the next couple of months, so be sure to check in on our SERVPRO team and our events here. If you would like to get involved with us feel free to contact us at 949-831-6201 or online here. We would love to be more involved with our communities in and outside the Anaheim Area. To see a few snap shots of the fun we had in helping our communities, check out our pictures here.
The Long Beach Neighborhood Foundation (LBNF) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization committed to organizing and sponsoring athletic events and programs in Long Beach that promote community involvement, education, tolerance, and a healthy non-violent lifestyle, particularly among the City’s at-risk youth. Some of our SERVPRO employees took part in this as a means to help raise awareness and growth. Great job everyone. Looking forward to next year already!
If you are interested in getting in touch with us for other community involved events, please feel free to reach out to us here or give us a call at 949-831-6201. Se habla Espanol.
This past weekend we had a few eager running employees take place in our community outreach event by participating in the Angels 5K & Fun Run. The sponsors of the run were St. Joseph Hoag Health, Melissa’s Produce, Aquafina & OCTA. A portion of the proceeds went to help the Angels Baseball Foundation. It focuses on initiatives aimed to create and improve Education, Healthcare, Arts & Sciences, and Community related youth programs throughout the region, in addition to providing children the opportunity to experience the great game of baseball and its countless positive attributes. we are SERVPRO were proud to be apart of such an event & look forward to next year.
When asked why we frequently partake in various community runs over the weekend, the answer was simple: WE WANT TO.
We want to be involved in our community, we want to be known around by everyone and anyone, but not just as your local SERVPRO who is ready to help at a moments notice for a disaster, but also as a company that acts more like a family than a franchise. We support one another and like being involved in what is going on in our community. Involvement increases trust and loyalty, and we do both with those we do business with, so whenever you see someone sporting one of our SERVPRO shirts at a local run, charity event, fundraiser or just out and about, give us a hello and talk with us. There’s more to our business than just water/fire/mold.
We had a few of our employees take part in bringing awareness to health and fitness by participating in the SoCal Terrain Race over the weekend, 4/2/2016, at Lake Elsinore. There were over 12 obstacles to over come including rope climb, monkey bars, high walls, rope walls and rugged trail running between all the above. There was both 5K (3.1 miles) and 10K (6.2 miles) options for the runners.
We are proud of our employees and their involvement in the community and for how they represented SERVPRO of Laguna Beach, Dana Point & Aliso Viejo. Other companies there included a Simple Green group and various family owned gyms.
We had an amazing time this past weekend showing support to our local Irvine Community by taking place in the Into The Wild OC Trail Run at Irvine Regional Park. The run helped to raise awareness and funds to support the local Irvine Ranch Conservancy and the parks to directly support the habitat and wildlife. This was a 7 mile trail run that our employees took part in to show we care about our community. Thanks crew. You did great!